Capcom has announced that it will be releasing a patch in April that will bring Cross Region Play and Off TV Play to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. This will not only allow you to play the game on your game pad while your friends watch something more entertaining, but it will also allow North American and European players to hunt massive beasts together. Now the game will be released in North America March 19th, so you’ll still have to wait a bit for the patch to take place, but when it releases there will be free additional quests waiting for you on both the 3DS and the Wii U version.
The last 3DS update has brought Download Play for the Ice Climber Virtual Console port in Japan. For those who don’t know what the Download Play is, it allows you to play multiplayer with a friend or stranger that is nearby. It’s not necessary for all players to need the game downloaded in order to play together.
As of right now, no other Virtual Console game on 3DS features Download Play. There has been no confirmation on whether other Virtual Console titles will be receiving this update, but it’s expected that future Virtual Console titles for the NES, Game Boy, and Game Boy Advance will most likely feature the Download Play feature. There has been no confirmation when it will arrive to the US.
Today the 3DS received an update. According to the website of Nintendo of Japan, the update did the following:
Improve the safety of the “Nintendo E-shop”
- Such as adding character types in the password you set when you save your credit card information.
- Improvement of system stability and convenience
- Credit card information previously saved will be deleted after the update.
And rumor has it that the update also blocked some flashcarts.
When you turn on your Xbox 360 and sign onto Xbox Live, you will receive a message saying that your system needs to be updated. Here are the patch notes. TL;DR(Short) Version: Nothing! Well, unless you are using a 3rd party wireless controller that wasn’t licensed by Microsoft, then congratulations on your new paper weight!
System Software Changes/Other
- Avatar Store added to social on the Dashboard
- Updates to the Avatar Store
- Adds “Manage Exercise Info” to players Profile
- Adds the option to select or remove TV providers in settings > TV
- Adds the option to turn off Ratings Collection Sound in settings > Console Settings > Audio
- Disables support for unlicensed 3rd-party wireless controllers (e.g. Datel Wildfire Evo).
- Bing Pic in Bing Search switch now (Germany)
Xbox Live Changes
- Improvements and preparation for future Xbox live Enhancements
- CB has Changed
- RC4 Keystream Calc Has Changed (“Salt” added to process block)
Many thanks to wikipedia