Posted in Articles, Podcasts, Reviews!, Video Games
Tagged Announcement, c'mon step it up, cmon, Conference, microsoft, Opinions, podcast, Thoughts, unveiled, xbox one
If you were watching that Nintendo Direct video, then you know already the hum-dinger news that was talked about. If you didn’t get to view it in person, allow us to share with you the highlights:
- Start with possibly the Biggest announcement, a brand new Legend of Zelda game for the Nintendo 3DS that takes place in the same world as Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. The new game will be in the classic over head view of hand held Zelda titles, but will still use elements in the game to add a sense of depth and height. While the game takes place in the same world, it is a completely new story and will feature completely new dungeons. Link will also have the ability to “transform into a drawing” and move along walls, which will be key to solving many of the game’s puzzles. Nintendo is aiming for a Holiday 2013 release of this new title. A 3D video should be available in the next hours/day or two to give you a sense of what the game feels like with the 3DS 3D
- Continuing along the Legend of Zelda train, classic GBC games Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons will be available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop May 30th. The games will feature their iconic password system to continue the adventure from one game to another.
- Shin Megami Tensei 4 will be releasing July 16th, and all release copies of the game will come with a music cd, strategy guide and a collectors slip case
- Three of the four Guild02 games will indeed be localized for the Nintendo 3DS eShop, as previously reported. The games are The Starship Damrey, a suspense adventure game that gives the player no tutorial or objectives, Bugs vs Tanks, a game by Keiji Inafune where you control tanks that fight bugs, and Attack of the Friday Monsters by Kaz Ayabe, where the main character lives in a town where the monsters from old school japanese giant monster films come to life every friday
- Both Bravely Default: Flying Fairy and Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy will be localized and released sometime in 2014, Professor Layton will see an EU release sometime this year
- Animal Crossing New Leaf will release June 9th and will be released along side a special edition 3DSXL with the game pre-installed for $219.99
- Wii U Virtual Console will be released next week in North America, and by the end of the year both NA and EU Wii U Virtual Consoles will see the release of Earthbound, or Mother 2 for you hardcore fans
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team will be out July 12th in the EU and August 11th in NA
- A new Mario Party will be released for 3DS sometime this winter
- the New Super Luigi U DLC for New Super Mario Bros U will be released this summer
- Game & Wario will be in stores and on the nintendo eShop June 23rd
- A brand new Yoshis Island title will be released on the Nintendo 3DS sometime in the future
Posted in Articles, Video Games
Tagged 3DS, 3DSXL, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Announcement, Azran Legacy, Bravely Default, Game & Wario, Legend of Zelda, link to the past, Mario Party, New Super Luigi U, New Super Mario Bros U, new Zelda 3DS game, Nintendo, Nintendo Direct, Oracle of Ages, oracle of Seasons, Professor Layton, release date, SMT4, Virtual Console, wii u, yoshi's island
The day has come, I can’t believe it, and I’m sure many can back up that feeling, yet here we are. The day that Warner Brothers gets the brilliant idea, to make a DC MOBA. For the unaware, a MOBA is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena, and can also be referred to as an ARTS, Action Real Time Strategy. These titles cover games such as League of Legends, DotA 2, Heroes of Newearth, Smite and so on. A wildly popular genre of games, that while extremely similar, each game brings it’s own uniqueness to the field to set it apart. “Infinite Crisis”‘s uniqueness seems to be that it’s about the DC Multiverse. Also for the unaware, the DC Multiverse refers to the multitudes of different universes that DC comics take place in. There are millions of them, each with their own unique versions of heroes you know and love, like Batman and Superman. The back-story of the game seems to be that a meteor of unknown origin hits earth in all the different multiverses at the exact same time, something that’s rarer then finding a needle in a hay stack the size of Jupiter. No release date has been established, there are beta sign ups but no word on when those will start either, and it seems like it’ll be free-to-play with a payment routine much like League of Legends.
Fun Fact: There is a DC comic series that shares a name with this newly announced game, whether or not it’ll have anything in common I have no clue, because my comic book knowledge ends at the fact that Red Lanterns spew corrosive, flammable hate blood from their mouths, and that’s pretty metal.
[UPDATE]: If you check out the website for Infinite Crisis, they already have up a handful of heroes that you’ll play as to give you an idea of what to expect. The list is as follows:
- Nightmare Batman
- Gaslight Batman
- Gaslight Catwoman
- Gaslight Joker
- The Joker
- Poison Ivy
- The Flash (Barry Allen)
- Wonder Woman
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Posted in Articles, Video Games
Tagged Announcement, ARTS, Batman, beta, corrosive hate blood, DC, dota2, Heroes of Newearth, HoN, Infinite Crisis, league of legends, MOBA, Smite, Superman, Trailer, Video Games
The Injustice facebook page dropped the above video, showing off Catwoman facing off with the newest character to be announced, Raven. Looking far more wicked-witch-of-the-west then her Teen Titan cartoon counterpart, Raven makes plenty of use of her magic powers to fight her foes at a medium/close distance. And when she triggers her super, you better watch out, cause Trigon doesn’t exactly look happy to be there. Oddly enough, the facebook post was quickly taken down and replaced with a painfully bad Batman meme, and even the gametrailers page no longer exists, but luckily one savy fan was able to get the video and throw it up on his own youtube channel. So far NetherRealm studios have been really good at keeping the full roster locked up, only hinting at characters through subtle twitter posts or cameos in trailers, so it seems weird that they’d mess up this badly. But hey, everyone is human. With the additions of Raven and Doomsday, the roster for Injustice is brought up to 21 characters, and with hinted characters such as Captain Cold, Lobo, and Black Adam, and a comment from them on their facebook page stating that the full roster is still yet to be revealed, the hype train is still going at full speed.
Posted in Articles, Video Games
Tagged Announcement, DC, Doomsday, Gods Among Us, Injustice, Mortal Kombat, Netherrealm, PS3, Raven, wii u, Xbox 360
Our first episode of the new year. It’s a big one! Join Steve, Brad, and special guest, Marisa(Imakuni) from Vinesauce Vidya, as we breakdown the Playstation 4 Press Conference! Will it have any games? Listen and find out!
Download the MP3 here!
Check out vidya shenanigans at http://vinesaucevidya.com/
Music provided by Bleepy Bloopy
Posted in Articles, Podcasts, Video Games
Tagged analysis, Announcement, break down, breakdown, c'mon step it up, Conference, Discussion, Imakuni, marisa, play station, playstation 4, podcast, Press, ps4, sony, vinesauce vidya
Also remember to keep an eye out for the C’mon Step It Up episode that will be put up shortly after the stream featuring Steve’s and My opinion on the whole debacle!
This perplexing video popped up today on the official PlayStation YouTube Page. The description for the video only says “Join the Conversation at #PlayStation2013″. Obviously, Sony wants to start up hype on Twitter for an upcoming event on February 20th, 2013. Could it be the unveiling of the Playstation 4? A new PS3 model? A price drop for the Vita? Actual games? Only thing we can do for now is wait. Whatever the event will be, it will go happen on www.playstation.com